ETES WEEKLY DIGITAL COMMUNICATION
Good Evening Families,
This week’s family communication email is filled with lots of upcoming events and details. We are looking forward to holding school assemblies, celebrations, and more. Please be sure to check your child’s backpacks on Tuesdays, as many of our school flyers and forms go home to families in student backpacks and folders on this day each week.
We would also like to take a moment to remind our families that although many pre-Covid routines and activities are beginning to take place, germs and illness are still our realities. There is information regarding Covid guidelines posted in our news and announcements section below. If your students or anyone in your household exhibit any symptoms please be sure to follow the guidelines provided.
HAPPENING THIS WEEK: Sept 19th - 23rd
MAP & DIBELS TESTING Continues this Week
Benchmark testing will continue this week for our students in grades 1-4. These assessments are simply to support our teachers in providing baseline information in the areas of reading and math. The data we receive from this testing will help to inform our teachers of what skills your child is currently bringing to school. This will help inform their instruction to start the year.
Headphones: Some of these assessments have an audio portion in which students will be asked to listen and respond to. We have a small quantity of headphones available here at school. If you have an extra pair of headphones (with cord not bluetooth) that your student could bring to school, we encourage you to pack them in your child’s backpack. Place them in a ziplock bag and label the bag with your child’s name.
Taunton House of Pizza Fundraiser
Tuesday, September 20th Taunton House of Pizza is donating 20% of your bill to ETES. Please mark your calendars and make it a special Pizza Night. A flyer will be sent in student backpacks this week. You must mention ETES fundraiser when ordering to benefit from your purchase.
High Five Friday
Friday, September 23rd, members of the Taunton Police Department will be at our building to greet students with a “High Five Friday”. This collaboration with the TPD is a way to establish a sense of comfort with first responders and build student engagement.
- Friday, September 30th The Ned Show will be presenting a whole school assembly for our students. This is a fun and interactive presentation that will take place during the school day for students only. Students will learn about having a positive growth mindset. More information will be shared as the date approaches.
- Saturday, October 1st will be our FALL HARVEST EVENT hosted by our PTO. The PTO hosted this event last year and hopes to have another successful event again this year. Please save the date and anticipate notices and information in student backpacks next week!
- Wednesday, October 5 is School Picture Day. Flyers and forms will be sent to families the week of September 27th. You can order online by going to mylifetouch.com and using our code: EVTQBNDDV.
- Wednesday, October 12th will be our next PTO meeting from 6:30-7:30 in our school library.
A Few Building & Safety Reminders for Families
- All visitors, including guardians, must enter the building through the main office and should be prepared with a photo ID.
- If you plan to volunteer for school functions, events, trips etc. please be sure to come into our building with your Photo ID and fill out a CORI form. CORI forms take time to process so getting the paperwork done in advance is greatly appreciated. CORIS are valid for up to three years.
- If you plan to change your child’s dismissal plan, please be sure to send a note to school with your child informing our staff of any changes. Be sure to include the name of the adult that will be dismissing your student and remind them that a photo ID will be required at dismissal.
Our News and Announcements section below houses forms, flyers, and digital surveys both from ETES and the district. Please check the space below frequently, as this is where you will find our monthly school calendar, lunch calendars, and important documents!
Again, we hope you find these newsletters helpful in staying informed! You can find more information on our school website and social media platforms. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram! To give us your permission to use your students photos, please fill out the digital media release form attached in our News and Announcements section.
If you ever have any questions, please feel free to contact our school. We are always happy to help you in any way that we can.
Mrs. Nichols, Principal
Mrs. Dalessio, Assistant Principal
Mrs. Emard, Assistant Principal