ETES WEEKLY DIGITAL COMMUNICATION
Good evening everyone and happy spring!
It is hard to believe that we are at the tail end of March. We look forward to warmer days ahead and some fun and exciting events to come. Please take note of a few things we have happening for the remainder of this month as well as the beginning of April.
Last week grades 1-4 had an assembly presented by Mad Science. Our students thoroughly enjoyed this presentation of fascinating science experiments. It was a great assembly and we look forward to more! Thank you to our PTO for funding this event and events like these for our students. We are planning an assembly for our PrK, K, and RISE population that will be taking place in May. We will share more information when dates and content have been confirmed.
HAPPENING THIS WEEK: March 20-24
- PAWSome School Store- Week of March 20-24, Students can turn in their tickets for prizes
- Bulldog Community Connections Clubs- Mondays and Wednesdays beginning this week and ending the week of April 10th from 3:15-4:00 pm. See details in the BCCC section below.
- World Down Syndrome Awareness Day- Tuesday March 21
- Silly Sock Day- Friday, March 24
Bulldog Community Connections Clubs
Clubs have started this week and will run until the week of April 10th. Please remember that transportation is not provided and all students must be picked up in our main entrance promptly at 4pm. Any families who can not commit to the 4pm pick up time and are late for picking up students, risk being allowed to participate in the club.
Students selected for clubs this round will not be considered for a club in the second round to provide more opportunities to more students. Students who have a parent or guardian running a club do get a slot in the club regardless of whether or not they have been in a club before. We hope to begin preparations for next session soon, please be on the lookout for more details soon.
Yearbooks are for sale!! Yearbooks are $20 a piece and will arrive in June. Orders can be made online at ybpau.com. Our school code is 3193923. Physical payments can be made by cash or check made payable to "ETES PTO." Sales will close April 14.
- MCAS testing will begin next week, starting with fourth graders being tested in the ELA content area on March 28th and 29th. This is a two part assessment with each session given in one day. Grade three will begin their ELA sessions the following week April 4th and 5th . Please be sure that students are well rested and present for testing dates. Math sessions will take place in May. Dates are confirmed as follows:
- ELA - Grade 4 - March 28 & 29
- ELA - Grade 3 - April 4 & 5
- Math - Grade 4 - May 2 & 3
- Math - Grade 3 - May 9 & 10
- Twin Day- Friday, March 31
- April is Autism Awareness and Appreciation Month
- Cookie Dough Fundraiser Distribution - April (date to be confirmed)
- NO SCHOOL - Friday, April 7 in observance of Good Friday
- PTO Meeting - Wednesday, April 12 at 6:30 in our Library
- Yearbooks- Last day to purchase yearbooks is April 14
- NO SCHOOL - April 17- April 21, April Vacation
STUDENT OF THE MONTH CHARACTER TRAIT
For the month of March we will be discussing and learning about Courage. We will be working to teach students that being courageous means standing up for what you know is right – even when you are afraid and others do not stand with you. Children who have Courage, admit when they are wrong, make good choices when others do not, are kind to those who are unkind, and ask for help when they need it.
This year we have been closing our parent drop off gate at 9am and will continue to do so as courtesy to our families for the remainder of the year. Next year, however, our gate will close at 8:55am daily. Our student handbook clearly states that students should arrive between 8:45 and 8:55 in the morning and that any students arriving to classrooms after 9am are late for school. Please see the excerpt below from the handbook.
ARRIVAL AND DISMISSAL TIME Tier Three Schools
Tier Three Students should arrive at school between 8:45 am and 8:55 am. Students who arrive at their classroom after 9:00 A.M. and are not transported by our bus company are late for school. Repeated tardiness is regarded as a serious problem that may affect a child's work habits and success at school. At the elementary grades parents are expected to ensure that their child arrives at school on time.
Please avoid any change of dismissal from occurring after 2:45pm. If you know that your student's dismissal plan will change on any given day or time of day, be sure to contact the office well before 2:45. Dismissal changes should be sent in writing to a classroom teacher if at all possible. We can not dismiss students from the office after 2:45pm. We appreciate your understanding.
We would also like to remind everyone that students should not be bringing toys to school. This includes Pokemon Cards. As stated in the past, we are not responsible for lost or stolen items. Toys are often the cause of many peer conflicts that disrupt student learning. We would appreciate your support in ensuring that students are not bringing toys to school.
There will be a PTO meeting, Wednesday, April 12 at 6:30 in our school library. We hope you can join us!
Mrs. Nichols, Principal
Mrs. Dalessio, Assistant Principal
Mrs. Emard, Assistant Principal