ETES WEEKLY DIGITAL COMMUNICATION
Good evening families.
We have some very exciting events that will be up and coming over the next few weeks/months. Please be sure to check out the details and bulleted dates below.
We would like remind families that all toys belonging to students should remain at home. Students should not be bringing toys to school as they often become a distraction to student learning and can usually result in peer conflict when these items become traded, borrowed, or lost. We can not be held responsible for any items that become lost or stolen and we hope that you can support us in reiterating our rules and expectations regarding toys with students.
HAPPENING THIS WEEK: January 23rd-27th
- PAWSOME SCHOOL STORE all week January 23- January 27th.Trade in your tickets for some fun prizes during your lunch this week!
- Our students are working on a whole school StMath Challenge of completing 50 puzzles a week. On January 26th we will host a JiJi day to celebrate the hard work of all of our students in using this digital platform!
- Hockey Day- Friday, January 27th. Not a Bruins fan? That's ok, wear any gear from any hockey team!
- February Vacation Extended Day Forms- A form regarding the extended day program for February Vacation was sent home in student folders last week. If you have any interest in the extended day program for February break, please be sure to return the form by Thursday, February 2nd. This information can also be found in our news and announcements section below.
- Cookie Dough Fundraiser PTO will be running a Cookie Dough Fundraiser through Ottis Spunkmyer. Last year our school raised over $15,000 dollars and we hope to have another successful event with this fundraiser this year. More details to follow next week. Forms and flyers will be going home next week in student backpacks.
- Families can expect term two Progress Reports by February 3rd.
- SOUPer BOWL- next month we will be hosting a soup drive. We will be sharing more information in the next few weeks about this Superbowl themed food drive.
- On Friday, February 10, 2023 our PTO will be hosting a Sweetheart Dance for our students. Students must be accompanied by an adult. The dance is scheduled for two time slots 5-6pm for grades PreK, K, and 1 and from 6:30-7:30 for grades 2, 3, and 4. Very specific details have been shared in the permission slip which will be going home with students this week. Tickets for the dance are $2.00 a person and money and forms are due by February 8th.
STUDENT OF THE MONTH CHARACTER TRAIT
For the month of January we will be discussing and learning about Leadership. Students who show strong leadership skills demonstrate the ability to build trust, inspire confidence, motivate, and positively influence individuals and groups by setting an example for their peers. Please join us in sharing what it means to be a leader with your students.
Please remember that our students will go out to recess as long as it is not raining or snowing and the windchill is not a factor. With that said, we want to remind families to dress students appropriately for outdoor play for their 30 minute outdoor recess. If your child is in need of a winter coat, please reach out to the school. We would be happy to help any students in need.
Please remember that the nurses office is running low on available items for change of clothing. If possible, we would like to ask that students keep an extra pair of clothes in their backpacks in case of accidents, spills, or falls. The nurses office is very low on extra clothing and if items are scarce, parents would be called to bring clothes in if a change of clothes is not available.
Lastly, please avoid any change of dismissal from occurring after 2:45pm. If you know that your student's dismissal plan will change on any given day or time of day, be sure to contact the office well before 2:45. Dismissal changes should be sent in writing to a classroom teacher if at all possible. We can not dismiss students from the office after 2:45pm. We appreciate your understanding.
There will be a PTO meeting, Wednesday, February 8th at 6:30 in our school library. We hope you can join us!
Mrs. Nichols, Principal
Mrs. Dalessio, Assistant Principal
Mrs. Emard, Assistant Principal